Shepherd’s Spicy Breakfast Turkey & Egg Patties. You can prepare a homemade diet for your pet as easily as for your family. These pet recipes will help keep your family’s furry, best 4-legged companions happy and healthy. Here are a few of my personal pet tried-and-true kitchen creations offering dogs and cats five-star, lip smacking-good nourishment. They’ll thank you for years to come and be barkin’ and purrin’ for more.
Shepherd’s Spicy Breakfast Turkey & Egg Patties
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes crushed
- 2 tbsp dried bread crumbs
- 1 whole egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper fresh, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the oil in a large mixing bowl; stir well, but do not over mix. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Shape the turkey mixture into 12 patties about 2½ inches in diameter.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, brown the patties over medium heat, about 2 minutes per side. Then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the skillet and continue to cook, turning the patties occasionally, until they are crisp and cooked thoroughly, about 6 minutes.