Purrin’ Salmon Pate. Cats are obligatory carnivores, unlike dogs and people, and most felines turn up their noses at anything that doesn’t offer a taste and smell to their liking. About 5.5 ounces of food per meal, twice a day, is ideal for most cats. Most cats are either meat eaters or fish eaters, although occasionally cats consume both meat and fish. Many cats enjoy chicken, chicken livers, lamb, beef, turkey, duck, veal and venison; many fish-loving cats relish salmon. Lean meat may be prepared in many ways—boiled, broiled, fried or grilled. Cats also enjoy vegetables such as puréed squash, finely grated zucchini, puréed carrots, creamed corn and white asparagus tips.
Purrin’ Salmon Pate
- 6 oz salmon boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 whole egg organic egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup distilled water or spring water
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pack into a small fish-shaped mold and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.