Chicken & Asparagus Pasta. You can prepare a homemade diet for your pet as easily as for your family. These pet recipes will help keep your family’s furry, best 4-legged companions happy and healthy. Here are a few of my personal pet tried-and-true kitchen creations offering dogs and cats five-star, lip smacking-good nourishment. They’ll thank you for years to come and be barkin’ and purrin’ for more.
Chicken & Asparagus Pasta
- 8 oz linguine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp peanut butter chunky
- 1/4 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp hot chili oil
- 2 whole chicken breast boneless, skinned and cooked chicken breast halves
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1 lb asparagus thin, trimmed
- 1 whole cucumber halved, seeded and diced into ¼-inch pieces
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the linguine, cook at a rolling boil until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, peanut butter and soy sauce in a food processor. Process for 1 minute. With the motor running, slowly add the sesame and hot chili oils through the feed tube and process until well-blended.
- Shred the chicken into 2-inch julienne strips, and then toss with the linguine. Add the sauce plus 4 tbsp of the sesame seeds and toss to coat well.
- Cut the asparagus on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths. Blanch in a sauce pan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Place the linguine and chicken in a large, flat serving bowl and arrange the asparagus on top. Sprinkle with cucumber and remaining 1 tbsp sesame seeds.
- Serve at room temperature.