Nestle’s Cookie Dough. Nestlé USA’s Baking Division has been informed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it has found E. coli 0157:H7 in Nestlé TOLL HOUSE refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough bar. The product has a day code of 9041 and a “Best before 10 JUN 2009” notation. Over 70 people become ill after eating raw cookie dough, in which bacterial contamination was confirmed. The raw cookie dough is contaminated with a bacteria called E. coli, commonly found in feces. People in 30 states have been affected with severe vomiting and diarrhea as a result.
The feds are investigating Nestle’s Danville, Virginia plant that produced the refrigerated dough to to find the source of the deadly strain of the bacteria. According to the the Centers for Disease Control over the majority of people affected are under the age of 20. Pets fed this dough are also at risk so please don’t feed any Nestles cookie dough, to your dog or cat this holiday weekend. Never feed raw cookie dough to dogs or cats as the raw dough expands in their stomachs and can lead to severe stomach upset, intestinal cramping and bloat. Nestle is fully cooperating with the federal inspections and have provided a complete listing of the recalled products.