Pets getting into garbage can be Deadly! Moldy Food

Moldy food in your trash may contain fungal toxins that can make pets very ill and in some cases has a fatal outcome. Beyond the dangers of chicken bones and other inedible items, there is another good reason to keep your pet away from the garbage. Some moldy foods can contain a fungal toxin referred to as a mycotoxin that can cause nerve disorders and muscle tremors in dogs and cats. veterinarian and author, Dr. Carol Osborne,D.V.M. offers tips to keep your pets safe and help avoid moldy food issues.