Natural Dog Heart Health Remedies geared to support Canine Heart Health & Cardiac Function.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (EPA/DHA found in Fish oil, Flaxseed oil)
- Coenzyme Q10
- Antioxidant Vitamins: A, C, E
- B-Vitamin Complex
- Herbs containing Berberine:
- Oregon Grape
- Broad Spectrum Enzymes: pineapple, papaya, alfalfa and bromelain
- Healthy Organic Diet with plenty of fresh vegetables
- Pure Water, available 24/7. Distilled Water is BEST!
Dr. Carol’s Tip: Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and Folic Acid, taken daily have been shown to reduce the risk of stroke by 27% in people.
Homeopathic Heart Health Remedies for Dogs
Crataegus oxycantha 3x (Hawthorne berry) is helpful for weak hearts and heart murmurs.
Dose: one pellet on the tongue once daily for 30 days. Withhold food 10 minutes before and after treatment. (Tip: Use with caution in Hypertrophic forms of Cardiomyopathy.)
Digitalis purpurea 6x (Foxglove) may be helpful when the heartbeat is irregular.
Dose: One tablet for fainting or episodes of distressed breathing that occurs after exercise.
Cactus grandiflorus 6c is recommended when there is poor circulation because of heart valve defects.