Vomiting & Diarrhea Remedies
- Herbal Pet Tea Vomiting/Indigestion Recipe: First withhold food & water for 4-6 hours. Then prepare this herbal recipe
- Pour 8oz (250ml) boiling water over 1 tbsp. (15ml) chamomile flowers, steep 15 minutes, strain and dilute with an equal amount of distilled water. Wait until tea is cooled to room temperature. Give 1 tsp (5ml) by mouth
- Chamomile tea or peppermint tea-give 1tsp (5ml) at a time in 15-30 minute intervals
- Herbal Pet Diarrhea Remedy: bland diet ex: boiled chicken & rice with dried blueberry powder to stop diarrhea
- Pet Sting or Bite Remedy’s
- Nettle Leaf Oil –rub 1 drop directly onto the sting to bring relief
- Make a thick paste with baking soda and water – apply topically. This neutralizes the acid venom from the bee sting and/or bite
- Place 2 slices of a freshly cut onion over the sting or bite, to neutralize the acid venom. Don’t let the dog eat the onion
- Anxiety/Stress Hyperactive Pet Remedies/Relief
- Bach’s 5 Flower Rescue Remedy-place a few drops in your dog’s mouth, food or water bowl. Alternately rub onto pet pressure points-inner ear and groin-pet hairless areas
- Melatonin: 1mg per 35 pounds by mouth to calm and/or relax
Canine Constipation remedies:
- Increase dietary fiber with herbs such as cascara, Sagrada or sennae
- Soak 4 pitted prunes in water, soak, mix into bowl oatmeal w 2 tbsp.(30ml) of milk for small-medium sized dogs
- Make planters of oats and wheat (GMO-free) for your dog to munch on
- Provide edible grass
- Add a little (1tsp per 35 pounds) teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil to your pet’s meals
Dog Bloat Remedy:
- Fresh cabbage juice helps to relieve gas buildup and can be helpful to prevent bloat
- Nux mochata 30c (nutmeg) by mouth every 15 minutes up to 3 times helps prevent
Holistic Herbal Recipe for Itching in Dogs:
- 5 drops licorice extract (licorice acts like cortisone to relieve itching
- 5 drops dandelion root
- 5 drops cats claw
- Mix all 3 together and give 5 drops of the final solution by mouth once a day for
- 14 days in a row (best to mix with baby food to disguise the bad taste and use stronger liquid tinctures rather than the powdered herb as taste is a big issue with pets.
- Two- Homemade Pet Ear Cleaning Solutions:
- Herbal Pet Ear Cleaner: 1 tsp(5ml) calendula oil with ½ tsp(2.5ml) sea salt and 8 fl oz water(250ml) mix and use as needed
- Or Mix equal parts white vinegar & water-use as needed to clean ears
Herbal Canine Cough Remedy for example for Dogs with Kennel Cough:
- Slippery Elm 5ml by Mouth
Herbal Mouth Rinse Recipe for Dogs:
- Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) is an antibacterial herb
- Recipe: mix 3 drops of myrrh tincture with 1/8 tsp (0.6ml), salt and 60ml water, bring to the boil, cool, swab pets gums daily.
- Neem is a herb may also be used as an oral rinse and prevents bacteria from adhering to teeth
Calendula for Wounds:
- Calendula (Marigold) lotion- 6 drops of Calendula tincture in 2 tablespoons of water. Apply to the wound, cover with gauze, and tape the gauze to the skin. This will decrease pain.
- Calendula-hypericum ointment applied to a minor wound will promote healing. Leave the wound open.
- Calendula 6x is often recommended for superficial wounds. One tablet twice daily promotes healing.
- Hepar Sulphins may be beneficial when pus is present. Sulfur 30c is often recommended for treating bacterial skin infections.
Arnica for Pain and Injuries:
- Arnica 30c not only relieves pain but also helps reduce associated swelling. Give two pellets every hour for up to four hours. Alternatively, give two pellets of Ledum 30c every two hours for four doses. In addition, use
- Bach Flower Rescue Remedy: 10 drops into the mouth every 30 minutes
- Styptic powder is the most useful for stopping bleeding caused by torn toenails
- Syrup of Ipecac: use 1 tsp (5 ml) per 10l (4.5 kg) of the dog’s body weight to induce vomiting unless it has been caused by something irritating or caustic.
- Glonoine 30c can help to bring relief in cases of heatstroke: give two pellets on the tongue while on the way to the vet
Silicea 30c (silicon dioxide), may help control seizures: give one dose of two whole pellets, or three pellets crushed to a powder, on the tongue. Withhold food one hour before and after. Wait 30 days, then reassess. Many owners find acupuncture is useful for controlling seizures in certain cases.