Pet’unkin Pumpkin Tofu Pie. Pet Holiday Hazards. For most of us the holidays are a time to eat, drink and be merry with good friends and family. I wanted to offer my fellow pet lovers tips to refresh your pet festivity IQ and offers some helpful hints so the Yule tide traditions are as merry for you as they are for your pets.
Pet’unkin Tofu Pie
- 2 cups kashi good friends cereal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate organic, for filling ingredients
- 1 lb Tofu firm tofu, drained (use silken tofu for a creamier texture)
- 1 can pumpkin 2 cups of fresh-baked pumpkin works well too
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup honey local varieties are best
- 1 cup maple syrup pure
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice blend pumpkin pie spice blend
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the Kashi Good Friends cereal in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or process in a food processor or blender until it is semi-fine in texture.
- Place the cereal in a bowl and add the remaining crust ingredients. Stir until well mixed. Place in a lightly oiled 9-inch glass pie pan and press into place with a spoon or rubber spatula. Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before filling.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour into the 9-inch pie crust. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 1 hour. Chill before serving to help to firm up the pie. Now, you and your pet can both enjoy this tasty treat together.