The problems cited in these dog foods include Heavy Metal Toxicity specifically Arsenic, Lead, and Cadmium as well as contamination with Bisphenol A [BPA]. all are known to pose health risks to humans and animals including dogs. Specific allegations include “negligent, reckless, and/or the intentional practice of misrepresenting and failing to fully disclose the presence of heavy metals and toxins in their pet food sold throughout the United States.”
Pet owners wanting to join this Class Action Pet Food Law Suit and/or obtain more information about these tainted pet foods should contact the law firm directly.
The Law Firm to contact is:
LOCKRIDGE GRINDAL NAUEN P.L.L.P.
REBECCA A. PETERSON & ROBERAddress: QUIST
Address: 100 Washington Avenue South, Suite 2200 Minneapolis, MN 55401 Phone: (612) 339-6900 Fax: (612) 339-0981
The list below includes specific pet foods involved in this Class Action Law Suit:
- Acana Regionals Wild Atlantic New England Fish and Fresh Greens Dry Dog Food
- Orijen Six Fish With New England Mackerel, Herring, Flounder, Redfish, Monkfish, Silver Hake Dry Dog Food
- Orijen Original Chicken, Turkey, Wild Caught Fish, Eggs Dry Dog Food
- Orijen Regional Red Angus Beef, Boar, Goat, Lamb, Pork, Mackerel Dry Dog Food
- Acana Regionals Meadowland with Poultry, Freshwater Fish and Eggs Dry Dog Food
- Acana Regionals Appalachian Ranch with Red Meats and Freshwater Catfish Dry Dog Food
- Acana Regionals Grasslands with Lamb, Trout, and Game Bird Dry Dog Food Orijen Regional Red Angus Beef, Ranch Raised Lamb, Wild Boar, Pork, Bison Dry Dog Food
- Acana Singles Duck and Pear Formula Dry Dog Food
- Acana Singles Lamb and Apple Formula Dry Dog Food
- Acana Heritage FreeRun Poultry Formula Dry Dog Food
- Acana Heritage Freshwater Fish Formula Dry Dog Food
Read the Lawsuit Here. Read the Lawsuit here:
We will update pet owners on Orijen and Acana as we receive further details. In the meantime, if your dog is currently eating either of these pet foods switching to a different brand would be a valid consideration.
Please note that our veterinary clinic is not able to personally address any questions or concerns regarding this matter. Please contact the law firm mentioned above for all questions and/or to join the lawsuit.
Your Pet’s 2nd Best Friend